"Thrift For a Year" Challenge
The thrift for a year challenge is my challenge to wear head to toe thrift for the entire year of 2017. While I may be asked to style campaigns or work with individual brands, my personal wardrobe will consist strictly of secondhand items from my clothes, accessories and even shoes.
My goal is to show each of you how you can achieve runway looks on an affordable budget.
I want you to participate as well in this fun challenge! Sign up below for 14, 30, and 60 day challenges. For those who are not ready for that level of commitment- I will occasionally have a 7 day challenge open to new thrifters!
Each week will have it's own theme to make styling a little easier and a little more fun! Each challenge period will have its own series of prizes and there are some really great prizes! As a participant, you will receive a weekly newsletter highlighting various thrift store sales and giving tips on style and scoring big while thrifting.
The longer you participate- the more prizes you win!
See the Rules of Entry. Have questions email email@example.com
Let the fun begin!
Join the challenge!
Choose a commitment time that works for you. You can sign up from 7-60 days! Enter your information and we'll subscribe you to our weekly newsletter, notify you of winners & prizes, challenge tips, thrift store sale highlights and more! See the rules below.
1. Submission. To qualify for the prizes you must submit 5 pictures for each 7 day interval. You can choose to submit all the pictures at once or to submit them individually per day. While only 5 pictures per week are required,submitting a picture daily only increases your chances at winning , but 5 is sufficient to enter
2. Retailed items. Your outfit/look may consist of up to 2 past retailed items. Meaning that any 2 items bought prior to 2017 can be mixed in with thrifted items. Therefore, if you bought a trench from a retail store on Dec 30, 2016 you can wear it as a part of the challenge but if you bought it on January 2017, it can not be worn as a part of the challenge
3. Themes. The themes are optional. While I will be releasing weekly themes each month not dressing according to the theme WILL NOT disqualify you. The themes are intended to be general and are open to broad interpretation. They are meant to help you through the challenge, but should not restrict your creativity. Have fun with them!
4. Newletter. There will be a regular newsletter sent to all participants that will highlight trends, give thrift tips, and share coupon and special places to shop secondhand.
5. Prizes. Each interval will be opportunity to win prizes. 7 day interval participants will have to compete each other monthly. Meaning that each week the participants of the 7 day challenge will be voted on and the top participant will go to the next week and then the participant that is standing after a month will win the prize. The longer challenges will compete amongst themselves. You can enter then challenge as much as you want to over the course of 2017.
6. How to win. Winners will be determined by IG and Facebook likes. Whichever contestant gets the most likes when. Should there be an overwhelming amount of participants, The Working Beauty will choose the top 5 based on creativity, consistency, and least retailed, style, and adherence to rules. Bonus points will be given for themed submission- but No points will be deducted for not participating with the theme.
7. Thrifted items defined: Any secondhand item whether from a thrift store, consignment boutique, or online vendor constitutes as thrift. Also any retail item that was given to you as a gift even if retailed will constitute as thrifted for the purposes of this challenge.
8. Should you have any questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
Show Off Your Stuff!
Upload your "Thrift For a Year" Challenge photos! Show off your progress and see others. Come here to upload your photos daily, weekly, and/or monthly.